When it comes to maintaining anything we all do the risk vs. cost analysis in our head before calling the professionals. Most people tend to only look into servicing anything when they are experiencing a problem! First, we must change that mindset, maintenance is about prevention! We change the oil in our car, we go to the dentist, we make sure the kids have their check ups, all so that we can prevent further, more costly damage in the future; our appliances and water treatment equipment deserve the same & so does your pocket!
Preventive care is akin to peace of mind regardless of what you are maintaining. Water is the sustenance of life for us all, so why is it that when it comes to our water treatment equipment, we fall short? Most health risks in water can be resolved with home water treatment, however; treatment systems only work if properly maintained! If you’ve already made the first step and protected your family from the undesirables of contaminants & bacteria by purchasing a water treatment system, then you’re off to a great start! If not, let’s get started (609) 758-1110!
Having raw and treated water tested annually helps to make sure that your system is working efficiently and we are able to make any adjustments for minor changes in water quality. Now, let’s learn the main facts about your equipment and the reasons behind annual maintenance to discover how you and your family can be affected.
- Without maintenance, Iron Buildup can clog the injector, creating improper function and additional costs to replace the injector.
- Running the system without maintaining salt levels also shortens the lifespan of the resin beads inside the tank and reduces functionality of the unit overall.
- All settings and timers should be checked annually to ensure proper system operation.
- The activated carbon within a unit ideally should be changed at least once a year, otherwise the adsorption would reach its limit and create a breeding ground for the bacteria you are trying to separate from your water.
- Changing filters annually maintains that you have fresh and clean drinking water for you and your family.
- In order for the UV Light to do what it does best, it must be changed every year.
- In order for a Neutralizer System to function effectively, the levels should also be checked/replenished annually.
- Dosing Pump systems also have wearable parts that should be maintained on an annual basis to be changed as needed.
As you can see, all that equipment you have in your basement or crawl space has quite a job to do, and it is important that the job is done right! You provide insurance for your health, your car & your home, leave the worry of water maintenance to the professionals, but make sure to mark that calendar when it’s time for your service and “ensure” that your water is of the best quality.